Striving for 10 out of 10 in building resilience across sectors…
10/10 Mentoring is a new program, delivered in Bendigo, for community organisations and leaders to achieve their BEST. It partners generous local experts with community groups seeking support, and will be held throughout 2019.
If you are an expert, specialist or competent business support provider who wants to contribute more:
VOLUNTEER TO BE A MENTOR
If you or your community organisation needs support:
APPLY TO BE A MENTEE
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 5PM, FRIDAY 1ST FEBRUARY
Find out more…
10 out of 10 is a 10-month capacity building and mentoring program which aims to enhance performance, productivity and results for 10 local community organisations. Ten organisations will each be partnered with a local mentor, who is a respected specialist. These groups will work on their own community resilience solutions for Greater Bendigo, across sectors and a variety of local challenges.
Building on the momentum and engagement from the now completed two-year Greater Bendigo Curriculum for Change, this program aims to support selected organisations to grow their community impact through training, resources and provision of an experienced local leader as a dedicated mentor.
This program is generously supported by the City of Greater Bendigo.
- A formal application process for mentors/mentees to be matched
- Matching mentor skills to the gaps/challenges the organisation wants to address
- Guidelines/materials to support the mentor/mentee relationships
- Minimum of four mentor-guided sessions with organisation lead or team
- Regular mentor debrief/support will be available/provided
- One full day Expand Your Impact workshop for organisations, their teams and optionally mentors to attend (for up to 60 people)
- Four online resource packages to build upon content covered in the workshop
- A completion gathering for all mentors/mentees to: connect; attend; celebrate; maintain momentum; network; and share learnings.
When and where?
The program will be delivered in Greater Bendigo. Organisations will be selected based on being a not-for-profit or community group located and delivering outcomes within the City of Greater Bendigo municipality.
Why is this project important for the community?
There’s a reliance on government agencies to solve problems faced by communities, but government agencies also express a need for communities to create solutions for themselves.
This program fosters community led outcomes providing IP, skills, training, professional development, encouragement, support – where it’s wanted and needed.
Participating organisations have the opportunity to work through ‘challenges’ during the workshop, and over a 10-month period with their selected mentor.
Important benefits for community:
- Fostering a culture of sharing local knowledge as opposed to bringing in experts from ‘out of town’, through accessing skills/expertise from mentors. Enabling real relationships to develop locally, increasing potential for sustainable support structures to develop
- Creating a ripple effect of positive impact, via the success of organisations involved, and community outcomes they deliver.
- Organisations involved providing leadership to other groups wanting to grow and expand, paying benefits forward.
- Instilling aspiration and setting a standard for emerging groups/NFPs through application process/selective criteria
- Providing inspiration/resources to assist others grow their impact by sharing stories/lessons learned.
Community project themes
Themes will be broadly about creating positive change across a variety of challenges, while all will foster local community-led solutions and building resilience in communities.
Community groups and the challenges they will address will be determined and published once the selection process is completed.
2019 10 out of 10 calendar overview
Thanyou for your interest in 10/10. We look forward to receiving your application by:
5PM, FRIDAY 1ST FEBRUARY
In the meantime, if you’d like to get in touch, please contact us:
The Make a Change Team